Friday, 10th July 2020
HIGH/SECONDARY SCHOOL NEWS
I sincerely thank the staff, students and parents for your support and cooperation in Semester one. It was a challenging time for all of us with the lock down, the new normal and also to focus on the core business of teaching and learning.
The Covid-19 pandemic put education under the microscope like never before and made us rethink the way we teach and learn and care for our wellbeing. We took a blended approach combining online learning support with face-to-face instruction. This put lot of challenges and stress on our staff and students in recovering the lost learning time, but managed to achieve end of Semester one teaching and learning programs. Thank you and congratulations.
Today, we come to the end of term 2. Students will have one-week (next week) break and return to school on Monday, 20th July 2020. Teachers will not have a break next week. They will complete the marking of term two exams and prepare for term 3.
Term 3 - 10 weeks - 20 July – 25 Sept 2020
Term 3 Secondary Academic Schedules
• Week 2 – Semester Report Collection - Schedule will be advised and only parents/guardians are allowed to pick up reports. Should you want your child to pick it for you, please write a note and send it to the class patron.
• Week 3 – Parent Teacher Interviews – Please check your child’s semester report if ticked for COMPULSORY interview. It is a MUST for both parent and the student to attend the interview.
• Week 5 – Grade 12 Written Expression Exams
• Week 6 – Grade 8 , 10 PNG Trial Exams 1 / Grade 12 NSW HSC Trial Exams (Task # 5)
• Week 10 – Term 3 Grades 7 , 8 , 9 and 11 Examinations / Grade 10 and 12 PNG Trial Exams 2
Week 1 - Thursday 23 July is National Remembrance Day and Public Holiday.
Principal – Secondary
PRIMARY SCHOOL NEWS
Today is the last day of Term 2, and we take this opportunity to thank you all for your co-operation and understanding. You helped us ensure your child’s education continued despite the challenges we all faced during Term 1 and 2 due to COVID-19.
We must emphasise that COVID-19 is still around us. Let us all be vigilant, and continue to look after ourselves and our families in our community by observing and following the COVID-19 precautionary and preventive measures and health practices at all times.
2020 Semester 1 Report Collection Date
Your child’s Semester 1 Report is ready for collection on Monday 13 July. The venue and time for collection of this report is as follows:
Please call in to collect your child’s report from the class teachers next Monday. The two entrance gates at Vaivai Gate will be open for parents coming in to collect reports.
Term 2 Holiday Break – Monday 13 July to Friday 17 July 2020
We wish all our students a safe one-week break and look forward to seeing them back in the classroom on Monday 20 July at 7.40am ready for the first week of Term 3. Please remember to follow your personal health practices and maintain the social distancing rule during the holidays.
Principal – Primary