NEWSLETTER TO PARENTS & GUARDIANS #09/21 – 3rd September 2021
Dear Parents, Carers, Staff and Students,
Tomorrow is a normal school and is also the last day of school for Term 3 School finishes at the normal time, 3.00pm.
We wish to inform you that our pre-independence celebrations are low key this year. There are no whole school activities planned for parents to come and witness tomorrow.
Our preparations to celebrate our country’s 46th Independence Anniversary on Wednesday 15 September is as follows:
• Ten PNG National Flags hoisted in the Wonderland Flag Poles, and another eight PNG Flags raised outside the Grade 7 and Grade 6 classrooms. Streamers placed in strategic locations around the college.
• Short Pre-Independence Assembly hosted by Grade 6CM and 6CH students and their teachers in the Peace Theatre at 8.00am.
• Pre-School to Grade 6 classes will say prayers (short para-liturgy) in their respective classrooms during our morning Religious Education lessons.
• Planned learning activities for Pre-School to Grade 6 will focus on our 46th Independence Anniversary.
• Dress Code for all students and staff is Smart PNG Independence Colour wear: T- shirts, PNG design shirts, meri blouses, toana day outfit. Students are not allowed to wear casual, mufti style clothes on that day, but they can come in their school uniform if they do not have any independence colour clothes. Rubber thongs – slippers not allowed.
NO SHARED LUNCH in the classrooms is allowed on Wednesday 15 September 2021. So please do not bring any food trays for your child’s class to the Reception Desk on that day.
Grade 8, 10 and 12 students sit their Trial PNG Exams while Grade 7, 9 and 11 students sit their end of term examinations for three days this week, Week 11.
Thursday 16 September – Our Independence Day Anniversary, Public Holiday
Friday 17 September – Pupil Free Day; no classes conducted for Pre-School to Grade 12 students.
All our teachers will report for duty on Friday 17 September 2021.
TERM 3 HOLIDAY BREAK DATES: Monday 20 September to Friday 24 September 2021.
TERM 4 COMMENCEMENT DATE: Monday 27 September 2021 for all students Pre-School to Grade 12.
We thank you all for your great efforts and hard work this term; and wish you all a Happy 46th Independence Anniversary celebrations.
Please take care during the one-week break and we look forward to seeing you all back at school on Monday 27 September.
George Anthony Swamy
Acting Executive Director/Principal Secondary
INFORMATION FROM OUR RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR
To all Parents of the recipients of the Sacrament of Confirmation and Sacrament of First Holy Communion 2021,
Please be informed that the Certificates of Confirmation on May 23, 2021 and Sacrament of First Holy Communion on June 6, 2021 are now ready for pick up/collection from Ms. Cecilia Bana at the Front Desk Counter, Administration Office.
Religious Education Coordinator
All completed and signed 2022 Re-enrolment Forms are due tomorrow, Wednesday 15 September.
Please check that your child returns his/her 2022 Re-enrolment form to give to the Class Teacher tomorrow.